San Diego is an incredible place. We have the beautiful weather that is hard to beat, a wide range of opportunities, and we just so happen to be California’s second largest city. As a result many people ponder the idea of moving to San Diego.
In this post, I want to share an infographic with fun facts to know for those of you looking to move to San Diego. Great Moving Guys provided the infographic below. Here are 5 interesting facts that people should consider before moving to San Diego.
5 Things to Know When Moving to San Diego
1. On average, there are only 23 days a year when it rains. San Diego is a dry climate, so get ready for months of no rain after April or May.
2. The cost to buy a home is a whopping 138% higher than nationwide averages. San Diego is expensive. There is certainly a premium you pay to live in this city.
3. The median household income is 22.9% in San Diego when compared to the national average. There are generally higher household incomes in San Diego, but the higher cost of living makes it a necessity.
4. The largest age group is 25 to 34 years old. San Diego is a youthful city with millennials who can take advantage of all the outdoor activities, vibrant food scene, and active nightlife.
5. Wine is cheap here. What you lose in a higher rent or mortgage, you can gain in savings on wine! The cost of a bottle of wine is about 46% lower than the national average.
What fun facts do you know about San Diego? Share them in the comments below to help others moving to San Diego know what they are getting into!