What is Escrow?
Escrow is the process whereby parties to the transfer or financing of real estate deposit documents, funds, or other things of value with a neutral, third party: the escrow officer. These items are held in trust until a specific event or condition takes place according to specific, mutual written instructions from the parties.
Escrow is essentially a clearinghouse for the receipt, exchange, and distribution of the items needed to transfer or finance real estate. When the event occurs or the condition is satisfied, a distribution or transfer takes place. When all of the elements necessary to consummate the real estate transaction have occurred, the escrow is “closed”.
The buyer and seller will need to abide by a timeline that is established in the purchase agreement. Read this blog post for more detail on the timelines for both buyer and seller.
Coordinating Your Sale to a Successful Closing
- All potential buyers will be pre-qualified so valuable time isn’t wasted.
- Each offer will be presented and discussed with you.
- I will negotiate the details of your transaction with the other agent.
- Closing will be prepared, coordinated and finalized for you.
Beyond the Sale
- Do you need an agent in another city or country to assist you in your relocation?
- Need a recommendation for a moving company?
- Would a moving checklist help?
- I’m happy to refer you to great providers of other real estate-related services.
- I’m here to make the sale of your home as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Sell Your Home Effectively and Net a Great Return on Your Investment
Now that you know how I help you sell your home effectively, click the button below to request a free, custom home evaluation of your home’s value. I look forward to hearing from you.