While the coronavirus has affected everyone equally, the Canadian real estate market has undergone major changes. Canada is identified for having beautiful houses within the different communities within the country, very attractive to millennials like you. Before the arrival of the Covid-19, real estate in Canada was in full swing, but everything changed when the first contagions began.
In Canada, real estate agents had two options to prevail in the market: either stop working or apply new measures. Technically, 3 out of 10 Canadians live on real estate taking employment as a great entrepreneurship opportunity. Canada has gone from being a tourist country to a place of stay and investment for real estate throughout its territory.
Canada’s appeal to real estate is because its acquisition price is so low, and you can earn so much. If you have plans to move to Canada, you should know that the houses are very cheap and have many special features. The money is in Canada and with this real estate business that works amid the crisis.
Real estate agents in the Canadian territory have not stopped working even though the Covid-19 has devastated many citizens. Real estate workers adapted to the situation by taking extraordinary measures to run their service. Real estate is a business defined by the view of physical houses, and the option of photographs or videos is not very attractive to clients.
Many potential Canadian property buyers have experienced digital home tours to prevent the spread of the virus. Although it is the safest option to keep the business afloat, it is not the most attractive among customers. A digital tour does not give you the freedom to take the texture of the floor or see the entire size of the home to buy.
These Are The Steps Real Estate Agents Have Taken
The digital tour is still available to buyers even though it is not the most attractive option for the real estate business. If you want to buy a house in Canada, you can request it online or request a traditional tour. Real estate agents implemented new rules to keep the business afloat even though COVID-19 is not yet controlled.
Among the safety and security measures by the Covid-19 real estate agents do the following:
- For you to see the property, you have to get in your car.
- In the house requesting the tour you will not be able to touch any object, it will be indicated to the real estate agent to verify that it works. In this case, the policy of agents in “free contact” for clients on the tour of the property is excluded.
- You cannot reach the children on your home tour to buy, avoid arriving more than one family member for your appointment with the agent.
- The use of elevators with the agent is eliminated, stairs will be used to go up the building levels with prior distance.
- To have an appointment, you need to wear masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
- Social distancing is essential, avoid being close to the agent for more than 3 meters.
They are simple steps so that COVID-19 protects both you and the real estate agent. With these precautions, the Canadian real estate business is physically available to you. You should not forget that you have the digital route at your disposal if you want to increase your physical protection against this deadly virus.